The Costs Of An Accident
While every car accident situation is unique, most will involve costs like:
• Medical costs – Medical costs are not only the most common costs to consider after a car accident, but also some of the most expensive. Your medical costs shouldn’t only consist of your current medical bills, but those you will have in the future as well. Prolonged physical therapy, surgeries, or other treatments are part of your accident cost and should be a part of your settlement claim. Accidents may also cause anxiety, depression, or post traumatic stress disorder, and mental health treatments will need to be considered alongside your other medical costs as well.
• Loss of wages – You may initially believe that your lost work wages will only be a couple of weeks’ worth only to later learn that you’re out of work for a prolonged period of time. These lost wages can be costly, particularly when you still have bills coming in.
• Cost of a career change – In severe car accidents, your injuries may leave you unable to carry out the role you had before. For instance, if a person who worked in construction suffers a back injury in a car accident, they may no longer be able to carry out the tasks that they once could. The cost of this career change can be considerable and will be factored into your personal injury case.
• Rising insurance costs – After you’ve been in an accident you may notice your premiums going up for your auto insurance coverage. This is an ongoing cost that one will need to consider going forward after their accident.
• Repair of property – While the repair of your vehicle may be a cost that you immediately considered and made peace with following the accident, what about your other property? If your smartphone was broken, if a laptop you had stored in the backseat was crushed, or if other belongings were lost in the crash, these replacement costs will need to be considered as well.
Get The Settlement You Need When You Need It
With all of the associated costs of a car accident in the St. Petersburg region, it’s easy to see just how important it is to get your full settlement and to receive it in a timely fashion. With your personal injury attorney by your side, you get your best chance at a swift, complete, and successful claim. If you’ve been in an accident in the St. Petersburg region and you’re looking for skilled representation, contact us at TheStPeteLawyer.com today to see what we can do for you..