Even The Smallest Accident Could Cause Big Problems
Accidents. They’re not something that anyone wants to think about, but they’re a sad fact of life. They do happen, and due to Florida’s large population and huge number of visitors arriving regularly, it’s far too common for them to occur. While major accidents can obviously have a huge impact on the lives of those involved, what many fail to realize is that even a relatively minor fender bender could change your life in a big way.
Whether it’s a small rear-end collision or a small slip in a store, the smallest accident can have large repercussions. As such, it’s important to give them a closer look. This way, those who are involved will be able to know what to expect and prepare themselves to take the steps needed to recover fully.
With that in mind, here’s a rundown of some of the most common types of injuries that can occur from even a seemingly small accident.
• Whiplash – When it comes to those rear-end collisions that are so common, whiplash is by far the most common injury that can occur. Whiplash is a soft tissue injury that happens when the head or neck are jerked forwards and backwards due to the force of a rear-end impact. Whiplash may go away after a few days, but it could also sometimes linger for years or even decades.
• Back Injuries – Whether it’s a minor or major back injury, spinal injuries happen frequently win an accident. Minor back injuries can leave victims in pain and with reduced mobility, but more serious back injuries are very possible even when the accident is minor – and they can leave victims suffering for the rest of their life.
• Airbag Injuries – Airbags can be very common as well, and can burn the face, scalp, or skin. The force of the deployment can also break the bones of a victim – particularly in the face or hands.
• Lacerations – Broken glass is another major problem in some accidents. While lacerations caused by broken glass are usually minor, major injuries can occur. Of particular danger is the risk of lacerations to the eyes, which can lead to permanent blindness or vision problems.
• Brain Injuries – Even a minor slip and fall or a minor auto accident is all it takes to do damage to the brain. Head trauma is incredibly serious, and can leave victims permanently disabled and struggling to recover.
All of these injuries come with serious physical repercussions, and the physical healing can take months, years, or even decades to complete. But along with the physical healing is the fact that most injuries will also lead to major problems for the finances of the victim.
Lost hours at work, medical bills, and other costs can all add up quickly and leave you struggling to make ends meet after an accident. For many, the only solution is the get the help of a professional personal injury lawyer in Florida.
Our lawyers have decades of experience in personal injury law, and can help those hurt in an accident get the help that they need. If you’ve been hurt in an accident of any kind, contact our attorneys today to get a free initial consultation and learn more about how we can help you.